Graduate Software Engineer (Cambridge/Hybrid Remote)
Hybrid remote, 4 days in the Cambridge office
Medical cover, pension, flexible hours
£45,000 plus equity/shares
· Starting salary of 45k
· Very generous equity/share options, medical cover, pension, life insurance, flexible hours, onsite parking
· Cambridge, hybrid remote
· Graduate Software Developer / Graduate Developer / Graduate Engineer
· Well-funded start-up working on Hybrid Collaboration software and systems
· R&D environment researching and developing the latest technologies
This is a rare opportunity to join an early-stage, well-funded start-up working in the growing field of Hybrid Collaboration. Backed by investors that have helped transform multiple tech start-ups into global companies, this small but very talented team aim to solve the many technical challenges faced by remote and in-person workers. With over 20 years of video collaboration experience, together with previous start-up success, they begin their stealth phase of development and are hiring their next wave of founding R&D engineers.
Joining at this early stage comes with many benefits - in addition to the very attractive stock options you will have significant input into the shape and direction of the products working on everything from researching new technologies and designing technical solutions, to testing and delivering features across the product range.
You will be tackling a range of engineering problems including cloud solutions written in Go running on Docker, custom Android application development using Kotlin, DevOps work to improve the CI/CD pipeline and much more.
As a graduate engineer you’re not expected to have all these skills, but enthusiasm, strong technical skills and a passion for technology is a must. Your assigned mentor will ensure you receive support and guidance through the early part of your career, and you will quickly gain experience across a wide range of technologies and languages.
· Bachelors, Masters or PhD in a relevant technical subject
· Strong academic record throughout university and secondary education
· A critical and logical thinker with a desire to learn new technologies
· Good coding skills with reasonable proficiency in any of the following languages - Python, C, C++, Java, Golang or Kotlin