Graduate Software Engineer (Uxbridge/Hybrid Remote)
Hybrid remote, 3 or 4 days in the Uxbridge office
Medical, pension, flexible hours, health, life & income protection insurance
£42,000 plus equity/shares
· Starting salary of 42k
· Open to recent graduates with an immediate start available
· Generous equity/share options, private medical insurance, company pension, health, life & income protection insurance, flexible hours
· Hybrid remote - 3 or 4 days in the Uxbridge office, 1 or 2 days from home
· Graduate Software Developer / Graduate Developer / Graduate Engineer
· Full stack role working on physical/building security solutions (access control, visitor management, intrusion detection)
· R&D environment working with the latest technologies
This early-stage, well-funded start-up’s focus is to modernise physical security solutions (building access control, visitor management, intrusion detection etc.). By moving away from traditional standalone products, and utilising modern technologies and development methods, their solutions aim to be more secure, efficient and affordable. The founding members and investors have been working together for over fifteen years, with a history of building technology companies that have enjoyed exceptional success.
The company supports flexible working where everyone has the freedom to work from home when they need to. Although they can’t support fully remote working (most people are in the office 3 or 4 days a week), they like employees to have a life away from work so you won’t be expected to work more than your contracted hours.
The software team currently consists of three Software Engineers and one Software Test Engineer, with the aim to double this over the next 12 months.
As a Graduate Engineer you might be working across a web interface in React and Typescript, a database using PostgreSQL accessible through a REST API using Python, logging using OpenSearch (with aspirations to start processing that data using machine learning), microprocessors programmed in C++ or a mobile app using React Native. All of this is running on AWS as a serverless architecture but just a docker-compose away from running on local machines. You will quickly gain experience across a broad range of technologies through on the job learning and a mentorship style training programme.
Using open-source frameworks and third-party infrastructure frees up the R&D team to write code which solves problems which no-one else has solved. There is no shortage of things they want to implement to help their customers, they use best practice and proven infrastructure so they can focus on the things which makes them unique.
You’re a recent graduate who’d like a role where you can make a significant impact and help shape the direction of the products. In addition;
· You can demonstrate excellent academic results for your degree and A Levels (or equivalent)
· You’ve studied a STEM subject, or you’re a passionate hobbyist with strong coding skills
· You’re able to take a problem and motivate yourself to solve it without supervision, but also not afraid to ask questions and seek help when you need to
· You’re good at taking complicated problems and breaking them down into solvable chunks