Graduate Technical Support Engineer
Fully remote from anywhere in the UK
Medical & dental, pension, flexible hours
£40,000 plus equity/shares
• Product Support / Customer Support / 3rd Line Support
• Award-winning video conferencing / meeting room video and audio hardware
• Starting salary of 40k
• Equity / share options, flexible hours, medical & dental, health & life insurance, company pension, regular company holidays/events
• Work from home / fully remote from anywhere in the UK
Created by a team that have been behind some of the most recognised brands in video communications for decades, this innovative company have enjoyed phenomenal success through their award-winning range of video conferencing / meeting room products, designed to provide superior video and audio quality. If you have a passion for problem solving, and an interest in technology and innovation, this broad and challenging role offers the opportunity to gain a wide range of technical skills across areas including software, hardware, networking / infrastructure and testing.
As part of a growing team you will provide in depth 3rd line technical support to UK customers and live chat teams. Working closely with the hardware and software R&D teams, you will investigate and manage escalations through to resolution through replicating technical issues, hands-on testing, identifying the root cause and finding a fix.
Over time you will become a product specialist, creating and maintaining a knowledge-base and tools to help both customers and internal teams. There are genuine opportunities for career progression, with career path options including Software Development, Test Automation or Product/Project Engineering.
The role can be fully remote / work from home, but applicants will need to be physically based in the UK.
• Recent graduate from a top tier university, with a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a similar technical subject.
• Effective communicator, both written and verbal with good interpersonal skills.
• Strong technical aptitude, keen to learn new technologies with a genuine interest in tackling challenging problems.
• Excellent team working skills, but also able to self-motivate and take the initiative.
While not essential, some understanding of TCP/IP networking would be desirable, and some programming knowledge (in Python, C, C++ or Java, for example) would be useful.