Senior Software Engineer - Back End / Computer Vision
Permanent, 3 days a week work from home, 2 days in the Uxbridge office
Medical & dental, pension, flexible hours
£80,000 to £120,000 plus equity/shares
· Senior / Tech Lead level - 80k to 120k
· Generous equity / share options, medical and dental, company pension
· Hybrid remote - 3 days work from home, 2 days in the Uxbridge office with flexible hours
· Back End Developer / Software Developer
· Cloud based video, audio and sensor security/analytics platform, computer vision and machine learning
· R&D environment working on the latest technologies
· Visa sponsorship available
Are you looking for a challenging role, working on the latest technologies and where you can make an immediate impact on product development? This innovative company provides unparalleled, cloud-based video, audio and sensor security/analytics solutions incorporating the latest technological advancements, with features including computer vision object/people recognition, audio pattern recognition and environmental monitoring (temperature, humidity, air quality etc.) This is an excellent opportunity to join an impressive R&D team working on bleeding edge technical challenges.
We’re looking for bright engineers to join the growing video security R&D team developing projects across the back end stack. The role will include building new features, optimising performance and helping to scale the platform.
The R&D teams adopt a flexible approach to development, preferring to use the best tool for the job which encourages and gives the freedom to try out new ideas. As an experienced engineer you will mentor less experienced members of a diverse team and make a defining contribution to the development of the product.
· Experience building back end architecture
· Strong technical ability and a passion for writing high quality code
· Proficient in Go, C++, Java, Rust or Python
· An aptitude for solving complex technical problems and willingness to learn new technologies
Although Go is the language of choice across the back end, the development teams use a wide variety of other languages and frameworks so proficiency in any of the languages listed above will be fine.
Any experience of SOA, building cloud-based products, computer vision or machine learning / AI technology would also be a bonus.