Software Engineer - Back End / Computer Vision
Uxbridge, full-time, permanent, partially remote
Medical & dental, pension, flexible hours
£50,000 to £100,000 plus equity/shares
• Software Developer / Software Development
• Back End, Computer Vision, Machine Learning and Data Analytics
• Visa sponsorship available
• Negotiable salary of 50k to 100k (all experience levels considered)
• Generous equity / share options, flexible hours, medical & dental, health & life insurance, company pension, regular company holidays/events, on-site parking, refreshments
• Relaxed, R&D environment where you can try out new ideas
• Temporarily remote, Uxbridge based long term with 1 or 2 days remote
Are you looking for a challenging role, working on the latest technologies and where you can make an immediate impact on product development? This innovative global technology company provides unparalleled video and cyber security solutions which protect what matters most – people, data and reputation.
Their video security platform uses the latest advancements in computer vision and machine learning to provide sophisticated, cloud-based video and audio surveillance. With an impeccable track record of putting together world class teams for the last two decades, the founders of this company know how to disrupt a technology market and have fun along the way. This is an excellent opportunity to join an impressive R&D team working on bleeding edge technical challenges.
We’re looking for bright engineers to join the growing video security R&D team developing projects across the back end stack. The role will include building new features, optimising performance and helping to scale the platform.
The R&D teams adopt a flexible approach to development, preferring to use the best tool for the job which encourages and gives the freedom to try out new ideas. As an experienced engineer you will mentor less experienced members of a diverse team and make a defining contribution to the development of the product.
• Experience building back end architecture
• Strong technical ability and a passion for writing high quality code
• Proficient in Golang, C++, Java, Rust or Python
• An aptitude for solving complex technical problems and willingness to learn new technologies
Although Golang is the language of choice across the back end, the development teams use a wide variety of other languages and frameworks so proficiency in any of the languages listed above will be fine. Also, while not essential, any experience of SOA, building cloud-based products, computer vision or machine learning / AI technology would be of interest.