Software Engineer - Back End / Data Pipelines
Uxbridge, full-time, permanent, remote or office based
Medical & dental, pension, flexible hours
£50,000 to £90,000 plus equity/shares
· Software Developer / Software Development - Back End, Data Pipelines, APIs and Optimisation
· Visa sponsorship available
· Machine Learning, Cyber Security, Big Data
· Negotiable salary of 50k to 90k
· Generous equity / share options, flexible hours, medical & dental, health & life insurance, company pension, regular company holidays/events, on-site parking, refreshments
· Choice of working fully remote, partially remote or based in the office (Uxbridge)
· Relaxed, R&D environment with the freedom to try out new ideas
This position can be fully remote, partially remote or based in the office depending on your preference. However, there will be the need to visit the office occasionally so ideally you will need to live within 3 hours of Uxbridge.
Are you looking for a challenging role, working on the latest technologies and where you can make an immediate impact on product development? This innovative global technology company provides unparalleled cyber and video security solutions which protect what matters most – people, data and reputation. Using machine learning to fix data and network security from within, their cyber security platform offers the deepest visibility and immediate end to end protection. With an impeccable track record of putting together world class teams for the last two decades, the founders of this company know how to disrupt a technology market and have fun along the way. This is an excellent opportunity to join an impressive R&D team working on bleeding edge technical challenges.
We’re looking for bright engineers to join the growing Infrastructure/Back End team who develop powerful search APIs, security policies, foundation layers for data ingestion and data pipelines processing hundreds of thousands of events per second. As a key member of the team you will be developing new features, tailoring software for specific client applications, optimising performance and scaling the platform.
· Experience building scalable database solutions and crafting well-designed APIs from the ground up.
· Strong technical ability and a passion for writing high quality code
· You enjoy squeezing the most out of search and query performance, with an understanding of profiling and tracing tools and how best to structure data to optimise performance.
The R&D teams adopt a flexible approach to development, preferring to use the best tool for the job which encourages and gives the freedom to try out new ideas. As an experienced developer you will mentor more junior members of the team and help shape the technical direction of the product.
Experience and skills
We’re not looking for experience in all of the following, but some of the technologies and tools being used include Golang, Scala, Python, Elasticsearch, SOA, Cloud Architecture, Kafka, PostgreSQL, GRPC, REST APIs and Kubernetes.