Software Engineer - Back End / Data Pipelines (West London/Fully Remote)
Fully remote or office based in White City, West London if preferred
Bupa medical & dental, pension, health & life insurance, flexible hours
£45,000 to £90,000 plus equity/shares
· 45k to 90k - graduate, junior, mid or senior level
· Generous equity/share options, Bupa medical & dental, company pension, health & life insurance, flexible hours, refreshments, onsite parking, regular company holidays/events
· Fully remote or office based in White City, West London if preferred
· Software Developer / Software Development - back end, data pipelines, APIs and optimisation
· Cyber security platform, deployed across the cloud, machine learning, big data
· R&D environment working on the latest technologies
· Visa sponsorship available
This position can be fully remote, hybrid remote or office based depending on your preference. However, applicants need to be living in the UK (or willing to relocate to the UK) and ideally within 3 hours of White City, West London as occasional visits to the office will be required.
Are you looking for a challenging role, working on the latest technologies and where you can make an immediate impact on product development? This innovative company uses the latest advancements in machine learning and artificial intelligence to create cloud-based cyber security solutions which offer immediate end to end protection, preventing data loss and protecting reputation. This is an excellent opportunity to join a talented and highly experienced team working on bleeding edge software design.
We’re looking for bright engineers to join the growing Infrastructure/Back End team who develop powerful search APIs, security policies, foundation layers for data ingestion and data pipelines processing hundreds of thousands of events per second. As a key member of the team you will be developing new features, tailoring software for specific client applications, optimising performance and scaling the platform.
We have several roles available which would suit either graduate/junior engineers with an interest in this type of work, or experienced back end engineers looking to develop their career and learn new technologies.
· Experience building scalable database solutions and crafting well-designed APIs from the ground up.
· Strong technical ability and a passion for writing high quality code
· You enjoy squeezing the most out of search and query performance, with an understanding of profiling and tracing tools and how best to structure data to optimise performance.
The R&D teams adopt a flexible approach to development, preferring to use the best tool for the job which encourages and gives the freedom to try out new ideas. As an experienced developer you will mentor more junior members of the team and help shape the technical direction of the product.
Experience and skills
We’re not looking for experience in all of the following, but some of the technologies and tools being used include Golang, Scala, Python, Elasticsearch, SOA, Cloud Architecture, Kafka, PostgreSQL, GRPC, REST APIs and Kubernetes.