Systems Test Engineer
Uxbridge, full-time, permanent, partially remote (3 days/week)
Medical & dental, pension, flexible hours
£45,000 to £60,000 plus equity/shares
• System Test Engineer / Software Testing / Software Tester
• Cloud based Video Surveillance Systems
• Manual testing (with some automation) with a focus on UI
• Visa sponsorship available
• Negotiable salary of 45k to 60k
• Generous equity / share options, flexible hours, medical & dental, health & life insurance, company pension, regular company holidays/events, on-site parking, refreshments
• Relaxed, R&D environment where you can try out new ideas
• Partially remote - work from home 3 days/week, Uxbridge office 2 days/week
Are you looking for a challenging test role where you can work on the latest technologies and make an immediate impact on product development? This innovative global technology company provides unparalleled video and cyber security solutions which protect what matters most – people, data and reputation.
Their video security platform uses the latest advancements in computer vision and machine learning to provide sophisticated, cloud-based video and audio surveillance. With an impeccable track record of putting together world class teams for the last two decades, the founders of this company know how to disrupt a technology market and have fun along the way. This is an excellent opportunity to join an impressive R&D team working on bleeding edge technical challenges.
Joining the growing video security R&D team, you will test for feature functionality, interoperability, scalability, reliability and usability, maintaining and improving the high quality of the products. Taking ownership of the platform systems testing function (which includes cameras, video management systems and back end / front end applications) the role is focussed on UI functionality and ensuring it works perfectly with each new deployment.
You will devise complex test scenarios, write test cases, scripts etc. and over time become a system expert, learning in detail how all the products work.
• Strong manual testing experience, ideally with some test automation
• Good knowledge of UIs, particularly in terms of usability and functionality
• A critical thinker with a desire to learn new technologies
• An inquisitive mind with good troubleshooting skills
• Self-driven, with solid technical ability and good academic background
• End to end understanding of product testing/workflow
• Some knowledge of IP networking would be useful
• Programming/scripting experience
• Experience constructing test cases and developing test plans