IT Infrastructure Support Engineer
Full-time, permanent, remote or office based (Uxbridge)
Medical & dental, pension, flexible hours
Up to £60,000 plus equity/shares
· Technical Support / IT Support / Operations Support for internal employees and infrastructure
· Negotiable salary up to 60k, visa sponsorship available for UK based applicants
· Equity / share options, flexible hours, medical & dental, health & life insurance, company pension, regular company holidays/events, on-site parking, refreshments
· Work can be mostly remote, with occasional visits to the Uxbridge office required
We’re looking for an experienced Infrastructure Support Engineer to join a growing IT Operations team who manage the internal infrastructure and provide operational support to EU based employees. This global technology company (cyber/video security products) is growing fast and use a wide range of open-source technologies, as well as cloud-based solutions, which offers great scope for someone looking to broaden their skills and experience.
The role can be performed mostly remote if preferred, but with occasional visits to the Uxbridge office required you will need to be within a commuting distance you’re comfortable with.
Supporting the operations infrastructure, specific tasks will include:
· Responding to service outages and ensuring best levels of service quality and availability.
· Provide technical support for remote users, multi-function devices, video conferencing and other specialised IT equipment, dealing with vendors when required.
· Assist in maintaining company infrastructure and reliability through automation, scripting and infrastructure as code.
· Assist with onboarding new hires, setup of equipment, security tools and offboarding in accordance with security policies.
· Administer and maintain user accounts and access control in accordance with RBAC policies, including security incident investigations.
· Purchasing and maintaining IT equipment and infrastructure, trial and deploy new services, application and security tools.
Experience/skills required (some or all of the following)
· A good understanding of networking technologies and protocols (i.e., DNS, DHCP, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, Switching, Firewalls etc.).
· Implementing ISO27001 compliance processes.
· Windows & Mac Group Policy Scripting (SCCM, Endpoint Manager, Jamf).
· Cloud IT Administration (Google Workspace, MDM).
· OS knowledge including Linux, Windows Server 2016, Windows 10, MacOS and Android.
· GitLab, Active Directory.
· AWS, Google Cloud Platform or VMWare/KVM/Virtualisation.
· Scripting Experience (Bash, PowerShell or Python).
· Automation and provisioning of infrastructure as code (Terraform or Packer).
· Deployment and maintenance of services on Kubernetes (GKE, EKS).
· IT Helpdesk experience.
Qualifications (some of the following would be desirable)
· Microsoft Certified: Solutions Associate
· AWS Cloud Practitioner or Google Associate Cloud Engineer
· Cisco Certified Network Associate
· CompTIA A+, Network +, Security + or Linux +
· Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)